Perhaps you worry about not being able to retain your wealth because a toilet is located in your home’s wealth corner. You may have asked yourself the question, “Are toilets bad feng shui?”. You probably keep the lid closed at all times, but how do you activate your wealth corner if a toilet is there?
Firstly, you need to think about how long you’ve lived in your current home and what has happened with regards to your wealth matters since living there. There may be some counterbalancing measures taking place in your home that you were not aware of. It is important to know that toilets take energy from the house, both positive and negative energy.
What we need to try to ensure is that as much of the positive chi as possible remains in our home, while as much of the negative chi is taken away by the toilet. The toilet creates a downward pulling zone, so we can do several things to counteract this based on traditional feng shui cures. Try doing one of the following:
• Place a small mirror on top of the toilet tank (facing up), or inside the tank (also facing up) to reflect the chi upward
• Hang a crystal over a toilet to refract the chi horizontally. This will prevent a lot of it from moving vertically downward toward the drain.
• Use red ribbon around the toilet and the pipes below the sink that take the water out of the home.
• Utilize Earth elements such as rocks and stones, clay items and earth tones (yellow colors) to weaken the water elements of sinks, showers and toilets. Avoid adding to the water elements items such as shells, ocean and nautical themes, blue, etc.
• Utilize the fire element exhibiting an upward energetic vibrating pattern to counterbalance the downward motion of water elements in these places.
By counterbalancing toilets around your house in this way you will surely benefit when it comes to wealth and prosperity.
In addition to the feng shui of the home, you can benefit by adjusting your thoughts surrounding prosperity. Prosperity relates to love, joy, freedom, gratitude and giving. Thoughts that have a negative impact on your prosperity are thoughts such as, ‘it’s mine’ or ‘I want’. Giving something to someone creates greater joy than receiving something. You need to open up to the universe and trust it to guide you in the right direction, and this comes with focusing on your positive thoughts and love for others instead of negative thoughts and feelings, which you must learn to let go of.