‘Feng Shui’ is the ancient Chinese study of the elements and an art of placement that can improve all aspects of your life. In ‘Feng Shui’, objects are used to redirect the flow of energy through an indoor or outdoor environment. Put simply, it is a system for arranging your surroundings so there is balance and harmony with nature. With serenity and harmony to the universal forces, it is believed that one can enhance his life and attain success in all areas of his life. When practicing in the right way, it has been shown to help improve in all areas of life like:
– improving focus and concentration required for studies and achieving good grades – giving peak performance at work hence a boost to career growth – enhancing inter-personal communication for establishing and maintaining good relationships – having positive energy hence attaining good mental and physical health.
One way to get started in ‘Feng Shui’ is from your home as this is where you spend most of your time.
A ‘Feng Shui’ expert or geomancer can help you audit your house and do a home analysis to improve the ‘Feng Shui’ of your house. Some of the interior areas in the house that he may look at include:
1) Main Door – The main door in your home is a critical location to consider in your house. It is often considered the channel through which the flow of energy, or Chi, as it is known in Chinese, flows through the house. Good Chi enhances the quality of your life like longevity, health and prosperity. One consideration is the direction of the main door.
2) Master bedroom – Another place in your home is the bedroom. This is especially important for couples, as they spend most of their time together there. Good ‘Feng Shui’, like the direction of the bed, must be practiced in the bedroom to ensure that the couple lives in harmony, be in good health and enjoy a successful marriage.
3) Bedroom – An average person will spend 6 to 8 hours sleeping in their bedrooms. It is important the bedroom is kept uncluttered and clean. If not, negative energy will accumulate and this will cause health and wealth problems for the host.
4) Kitchen – ‘Feng Shui’ in the kitchen can be attained by adjusting the kitchen layout, which in turn can reduce and eliminate some of the negative factors. This can help you to attain wealth and good health.